Why take self-defense classes at the PCC?
the self-defense class that you have never experienced before.
The Pittsburgh Combat Club is not a chain martial arts school nor is it a cardio kickboxing class. We do not train for sport or for exercise. We train so that we can, if called upon, protect ourselves, our family and/or those in need when under personal attack. In so doing, every effort is given to make training a realistic endeavor.
STUDENTS TRAIN WITH US BECAUSE:
- Partner Drills: we work with a training partner & do very little solo practice. Our classes tend to be no bigger than 10-person study groups. This gives us the best "hands-on" instruction for learning.
- Contact: we like to make contact. We are usually hitting each other, a bag, the mitts, a training dummy, a striking target, etc.
- Energy Work: we teach how to respond to the escalation of tension and to be able to “feel” your opponent’s intent/energy.
- Environmental Conditions: we train year-round in all climates, weather conditions, terrains, clothing types, etc. - know your environment and how it can help/hinder your abilities to protect yourself.
- Weapons Focus: we train in practical "tools" so you can learn how to turn anything to your advantage & understand that your best weapon is your mind.
- Violence: we try to study & understand violence. We want to learn how to use it as a tool and recognize it in the field of use.